Bead Line Veneer Provisional Restorations
Todd C. Snyder, DDS
Patient expectations for aesthetic restorations, particularly in the anterior region, have extended to the delivery of natural-looking prostheses during the provisionalization period. Contemporary provisionals serve as diagnostic tools, clinical adjuncts, and communication devices to improve the patient's existing condition and ensure development of an optimal restoration. This podcast discusses the use of the temporization phase to promote improved mastication and speech while delivering a natural-looking interim prosthesis.
*Private practice, Laguna Nigel, California; private practice, Newport Beach, California.
This podcast reviews the use of an efficient provisionalization technique to promote improved function, periodontal health, and aesthetics during the temporization period. Upon completing this podcast, the listener should:
- Recognize the role of the provisionalization period on overall aesthetics and form
- Understand the procedures required to ensure aesthetic provisionalization using a working model and over impression
- Waerhaug J. Tissue retractions around artificial crowns. J Periodontol 1953;24:172.
- Nevins M. Interproximal periodontal disease: The embrasure as an etiologic factor. Int J Perio Rest Dent 1982;2:8-27.
- Mumford JM, Ferguson HW. Temporary restorations and dressings. Dent Pract Dent Rec 1959;9:121-124.
- Segat L. Protection of prepared abutments between appointments in crown and bridge prosthodontics. J Mich Dent Assoc 1962;44:32-35.
- Knight RM. Temporary restorations in restorative dentistry. J Tenn Dent Assoc. 1967;747:346-349.
- Rose HP. A simplified technique for temporary crowns. Dent Dig 1967;73:449-450.
- Basta, Gnathology Guide, Burlingame, CA.